One of the most recognizable statues in the world today is Venus de Milo. A two-foot-tall female figure with an open body, her hips and legs hidden under a fallen robe.
This ancient Greek love goddess image is called Venus in Rome. The real sign is the absence of hands, but on April 8, 1820, it was Venus, a legend in the Greek island of Milos.
The German American scientist Paul Carus believed that the discovery of the time was made in February 1820 by George Bottonis and his son Antonio in the ruins of an old theater. However, it is possible that Karus (he lived in the second half of the XIX century) is much more reliable in later testimonies.
The statue from an island named Milos was named after Milos, and Venus was named after Venus, the representative planet of Aphrodite. The Venus of Milo, symbolizing Aphrodite and beauty, was taken by the French government and is now exhibited in the Louvre Museum.
Venus de Milo, probably known to have been built between 130 and 100 BC, was decorated with jewels in accordance with the traditions of his time. However, the only sign remaining from ornaments such as bracelets, earrings and necklaces to the present day was the binding holes on the surface of the statue.
About 2 meters long and marble-built sieges, earthquakes, even from the fire in the museum was preserved until the present day.
There are many rumors about the lack of arms of the Venus de Milo statue, but the most romantic of these is that Venus’s hands were torn apart by the French sailors who fought to have a statue with the Turks in the port of Milos.